This weekend Jared and I went down to conference together.
Friday night he attended his mission reunion, and then we stopped by to see Stuart before heading to the Gray's home. While at Stuart's we played a few games of Take Two.
We stayed with Andy and Mary Gray. Andy was one of Jared's mission companions.
Saturday we got up early and headed to conference. We had a parking pass for all day! We made a little sign that said "Needs Tickets Please" and within 5 minutes, we both had tickets for the morning session. While waiting to get on the escalator, I saw Cassandra, Sister Perry, and Brionna and yelled to Cassandra to find out where they were sitting. I got to chat with them all before the session started - it was so fun to see them! I haven't seen Cassandra in years!
Jared and I were technically in different areas, but they let us sit together anyways. We sat next to a couple for South Carolina. His name was "Smokey Burges", he was bald and had a white handlebar mustache. It was awesome! They were a very cool couple to hang out with while waiting for conference to start. When the session was over they said "If you ever need a place to stay, we've got a room and a couch." and proceeded to give us their information. It was Sa-Weet!
In between sessions I got to see Jessie Grange, and some of her clan. Jessie, Michael, Jared, and I got a picture together by the reflection pool. It was so good to see her too! Such fun! After seeing them, Jared and I headed back to the car to eat lunch before heading to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the second session.
After the second session we toured a little bit of temple square and visted the Visitor's center. He then took a nap on one of the benches so he wouldn't sleep during Priesthood session (which he had a ticket for). While he was at Priesthood I called Mom and Alyssa to chat. I also chatted with this cool lady from South Carolina (Crazy huh?) that was serving a mission there, we talked for about 1/2 hour. I also met a lady who had two cute little boys, she was from Mexico and didn't speak English very well.
Sunday we just watched at his companion's house, I loved it! We went on a walk in between and it was actually sunny and warm - woho! Conference was so good. My favorite speakers were Elder Holland and Allan Packer.
The drive down to Utah was so much fun! We're so comfortable talking to each other that we are pretty blunt with each other too :) I love talking to him!He left today for two weeks so he could work on the farm and earn some eating money for next semester. This morning he brought me a Calla Lily, which is my favorite flower. Its gorgeous, and his note was very sweet. I'm gonna miss him!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Conference Weekend and a little more
Posted by Nellieloue23 at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That sounds awesome! What an adventure! So, what's next? You have to call me sometime soon!
Thanks for sharing - we enjoyed hearing about your weekend. How fun to see the Perrys and Jessie! The pictures are great - (you're glowing, by the way).
Great post, Janelle.
You guys are so freakin cute together! Love Amy
Post a Comment