Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daycare

(Started Thursday, but finished Friday)

I honestly was very scared to start working in a daycare. How the heck could I have the patience and energy to deal with so many children? But I have been so blessed! I'm pretty dog tired at the end of the day, but its worth it. I am coming to love spending my day with those children.

Today was a very good day. The kids got to go outside which they (and the employees) love. There is the cutest little boy, with the cutest little giggle. He can definitely be a booger sometimes, but he hardly ever has to be reprimanded. He's got a darker complexion and very dark hair with these vivid blue eyes. He is seriously so adorable. And his smile! Holy smokes, yesterday I was blowing kisses to all the little boys before nap time to get them to go to sleep and he started giggling and saying "teacher! blow me a kiss again!" So I blew him another kiss and he just has this wide-toothed grin and this cute boy giggle. Ahh!

Today I helped him on the monkey bars since he isn't big enough to hold onto them by himself. He's almost 4 or around that age, but he can't get from the landing pad, up onto the bars. He was being so cute and like "look how strong I am" and when I took off my sweater he was like "teacher! I'll put that on the table for you" ADORABLE! That kid is seriously so so cute.

Ok, so its not all smiles, giggles, and kisses everyday. Obviously. But I am very glad that there are days like yesterday and today that make me happy to be working with those kids. I am so blessed to have a job that pays more than minimum wage and that offers me some real-life experience with kids. And I love the people I work with. They are teaching me so much and are all very kind.

Today we had our weekly meeting where Diane (bless her soul!) buys us lunch and goes over some notes from the week. Umm Bajio's Ensalada salad is delicious!

It is enjoyable so far! And I get to sleep in tomorrow. Whoot!

1 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds awesome! I'm glad you're happy. Do you know what ensalada means? :)