Saturday, January 30, 2010

La vie en rose; Mon amour, mon ami

Its been so long since I have posted anything on here, I feel like a slacker. In my french class we are singing everyday, but not just hymns, we are also doing very popular songs in the french culture. I thought I'd share some with you!

"La Vie En Rose"



Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
(The eyes that lower mine)
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
(a laugh that gets lost on his mouth)
Voila le portrait sans retrouches
(here, the portrait of perfection (without touch up))
De l'homme auquel j'appartient
(The man to which I belong)

Quand il me prand dans ses bras
(When he takes me in his arms)
il me parle tout bas
(he talks to me very low)
Je vois la vie en rose
(I see life through red colored glasses) literally - I see life in rose)
Il me dit des mots d'amour
(he tells me the words of love)
des mots de tous les jour
(the words of all the days)
et ca me fait quelque chose
(and that does something to me)
Il est entre dans mon coeur
(he has entered into my heart)
Il me parle de bonheur
(he speaks to me of happiness)
dont je connais la cause
C'est lui por moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
(it is him for me, me for him in this life)
Il me l'a dit l'a jure pour la vie
(He told me he has sworn for life)
Et des que je l'apercois
(and of this I knew)
Alors je me sens en moi
(and then i feel in me)
Mon coeur qui bat
(my heart beats)

.......

"Mon Amour, Mon Ami"




Toi mon amour, mon ami
(you, my love, my friend)
quand je reve c'est de toi
(when i dream it is of you)
mon amour, mon ami
(my love, my friend)
quand je chante c'est pour toi
(when i sing it is for you)
mon amour, mon ami
(my love, my friend)
je ne peux vivre sans toi
(I cannot live without you)
mon amour, mon ami
(My love, my friend)
et je ne sais pas pourquoi
(and I don't know why)
.......

2 comments:

KiraMarie said...

Hey you blogged!! That was really cool to listen to, though I think it would have been better if you had done it! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.