Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Break 2009

Yay! for vacations right? Yay for seeing family, eating good cooking, getting to fly versus drive, going caroling, seeing tons of friends at church, getting to do a "photo-shoot" and all sorts of good stuff.
I got home on the 23rd, just a few days before Christmas and I was exhausted by the time I made it home. Christmas Eve was the traditional caroling night and we got to visit with some of our favorite people. This was the first Christmas Eve where I had absolutely NO problem falling asleep. Of course I expected to sleep in too since Caidin promised he wouldn't be up before 7:30. Yeah... that was a lie. We were up before 5:30 to go down and see what Santa had left! Alyssa and I were ready to kill him. BUT Christmas was great. I got Settlers of Catan along with a couple expansions for it, Puerto Rico, a heavy duty apron, "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks - which is a very good book, and some more random goodness :)
The dear Carlsons and Timmons came over for Christmas feast and I got in some goooood girl talk. I LOVE girl talk :)
Day after Christmas Tamara and I headed out and did some shopping, and then I got to hang out with Katelynn and Hannah and then some more of the gang trickled in... Yet again, some good girl talk!!
Sunday I spent in the Nursery which was nice and therapeutic since I've been away from my kiddos for so long! It was great to see everyone, as always.
Monday I headed over to downtown Vancouver and got to do a photoshoot with a friend from last summer. I'm sure I'm not the ideal model, but it was fun anyways. Thanks to Brandon for doing that for me!
Tuesday Craigward, Craigo, Craigel Bagel, Alyssa's Craig came to visit. The family went bowling and played games for the afternoon and into the evening. It started snowing like crazy, but luckily the roads were good enough for him to make it home.
Wednesday was the day! I got my wisdom teeth out!i had nightmares all night about peeing myself while i was unconscious and i was super nervous that morning. i think i hit up the bathroom like 5 times before heading out the door.
The doctor talked about all this bad stuff that can happen but isn't likely, told me to watch for dry socket, then we went into surgery.
sat in this chair and they put these things that monitor your heart on your wrists and ankle. then they put laughing gas thing over my nose. Then the doctor put in the IV, asked how my christmas was. i told him. i asked how his was and then i don't remember anything else.
When i woke up I was in a different room holding my dad's hand with gauze packed into my gums.
i came home and slept for a few hours and have been sleeping a ton since then. It HURTS! I got off the Vicoprofen on Thursday and have been on Tylenol and Ibuprofen since then. Usually at the same time...
I'm so hungry but I have to be careful what I eat. Obviously. Applesauce, yogurt, milkshakes, and refried beans isn't the best diet.
I'm so not ready to go back to Rexburg!



0 comments: