Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An American Weekend

This weekend was quite the one at that!

Saturday morning I got up bright and early and took some bridals for Tasha. The weather did NOT cooperate.

Saturday night turned into quite the adventure. Kaleb invited me to go to the Idaho Fall's Chukars game (minor league baseball). As far as the game goes, my T-ball team has more skills than them! Okay, not quite... but they just aren't that amazing. And I just don't have a personal connection with the team. Highschool sports were entertaining because I knew people on the team. All I had to go by for this game was their BA, RBI, and that I liked their uniforms. Now the company, on the other hand was marvelous. I laughed the entire night, and it felt so good to be so carefree!

We headed down to the Greenbelt next to the temple, which is where they were holding the fireworks show. He'd packed a picnic so we set out the blanket and had a nice meal. After wards we decided to take a walk around the Greenbelt. When it became apparent we were further away from our blanket than we thought, we started running....and running... probably ran about 2 miles...and still didn't make it back to our spot in time for the show...which ended up being okay because we had a pretty good view anyways!

Traffic took forever getting out of there. It didn't help that we got a little lost on our way back to the truck and were wandering in the crowd of people. Or that by the time we made it to the truck and tried getting out into traffic, every street was backed up. By the time we finally got out of all the traffic and back into Rexburg it was a little after 1am. Did I mention the fireworks got over at about 10:30? It was crazy! But Kaleb had packed lots of chocolate and watermelon and it gave us a lot of time to talk.

Happy 4th! Sunday I held a BBQ, which was a blast! I'd been itching to have a party, but I'm always a little nervous about them. We had a great turn out and I got to have all the girls together! We grilled mom's chicken yaki tori (it was a hit!) and threw around a football and baseball.

Monday I took some more Bridals down at the Greenbelt (best location!) and then headed off to do some swimming. We went to the Sandbar in St. Anthony. It has a diving board, a waterslide, and a well you can jump off of. It was great! And I got fried! But it was worth it! First time I've been in the water this summer.

Yesterday Tasha and I worked out to a Jillian Michaels video, and we're hitting it up again. Then its hot tub time!

I LOVE SUMMER!

0 comments: