I would be remiss if I didn't thank my God and my Parents for the gift of life they have granted me. Thanks for bringing me into this world and dealing with your stubborn daughter!
Alyssa got this idea from her roommate and decided to make me a little list where I could record my birthday celebrations! I tried to keep them in order of how they happened. So its not favoritism. Although I may have...you know... bolded and italisized a few things...
1. Target shooting with some of my favorite people! Alyssa, Bryce, Ryan and I headed out to Menan area to the popular shooting range areas up there. We had a great time! Ryan's shotgun has quite a bit more kick than I remember others having, and I got to shoot Bryce's 270, which is loud and about knocked me on my butt. We bought some cans of soda and shook them up before shooting them. That is dang entertaining :)
Alyssa got this idea from her roommate and decided to make me a little list where I could record my birthday celebrations! I tried to keep them in order of how they happened. So its not favoritism. Although I may have...you know... bolded and italisized a few things...
1. Target shooting with some of my favorite people! Alyssa, Bryce, Ryan and I headed out to Menan area to the popular shooting range areas up there. We had a great time! Ryan's shotgun has quite a bit more kick than I remember others having, and I got to shoot Bryce's 270, which is loud and about knocked me on my butt. We bought some cans of soda and shook them up before shooting them. That is dang entertaining :)
Janelle (270) & Ryan (shotgun)2. Craigo's Pizza & "Despicable Me" in the cheap theater for date night. Ryan and I tripled with Alyssa & Bryce, and our church friends Brannan & Melanie!
3. Meeting Ryan's mom, dad,Analisa & TJ, and Marissa. He's got an amazing family, very fun loving people.
4. Being gifted homemade bread from his Grandma. The best stuff I think I've EVER had.
5. Finding these gorgeous roses on my front doorstep as I was leaving for work on the morning of my birthday. Made me feel so twitterpatted all day :) He got up at 6am to make sure they'd be there before I left!
3. Meeting Ryan's mom, dad,Analisa & TJ, and Marissa. He's got an amazing family, very fun loving people.
4. Being gifted homemade bread from his Grandma. The best stuff I think I've EVER had.
5. Finding these gorgeous roses on my front doorstep as I was leaving for work on the morning of my birthday. Made me feel so twitterpatted all day :) He got up at 6am to make sure they'd be there before I left!
6. Kids singing "Happy Birthday" to me during snack time and giving them candy treats. All the lovely birthday cards they decorated during gathering time. I believe I counted 14 in my locker when I left for the day.
7. Bajio's lunch with the staff, Diane's gift of Bath& Body Works lotion and body spray. A good fall scent - Apple!
8. Shopping with Alyssa @ the Shade sale. We bought matching shirts and dresses. We're dorks!
9. Maria's mirror note: "What a gift to the world to have such a beautiful girl in it! Happy Birthday Janelle!" What a sweetheart!
10. Babysitting Ayla while Megan and Bri went swimming. It was a very peaceful 45 minutes. I love holding that sweet baby!
11. Dinner made specially for me by Alyssa, Bryce, and Ryan. Chicken Yaki Tori, homemade french fries and green beans. Hmm. So good :)
12. Bowling 2 games and getting the lowest score. Ha! I played horrible but it was still great. I love bowling.
13. German Chocolate Cake with the yummy coconut frosting. Oh deliciousness. The best cake ever. Alyssa did a great job!
14. "Letters to Juliet"& Andes mints from Alyssa, "Blink" from Bryce. "The Hunger Games" from Nick.
15. CAMERA, camera books and extra battery from Dad & Mom. Did I mention CAMERA?Yes, you're right. I got it back in July, but that doesn't mean I don't remember what it was really for ;) I'm in love with this thing. Nikon D90. Hmm... Its a sexy camera :)
16. Cards from my family :) Check from the grandparents! Phone calls from the family too :)
17. Scarf from Sister Henrikson, picture of Hannah and I in a frame, Snickers.
18. OLIVES, Snickers, and Mike & Ikes + a singing greeting card from Kira.
19. "Cities & Knights" expansion for "Settlers of Catan" from Ryan. Wow Baby!
20. PARTY!
Thanks to Tasha & Megan for working so hard on the desserts. Tasha made 4 ice cream cakes!
7. Bajio's lunch with the staff, Diane's gift of Bath& Body Works lotion and body spray. A good fall scent - Apple!
8. Shopping with Alyssa @ the Shade sale. We bought matching shirts and dresses. We're dorks!
9. Maria's mirror note: "What a gift to the world to have such a beautiful girl in it! Happy Birthday Janelle!" What a sweetheart!
10. Babysitting Ayla while Megan and Bri went swimming. It was a very peaceful 45 minutes. I love holding that sweet baby!
11. Dinner made specially for me by Alyssa, Bryce, and Ryan. Chicken Yaki Tori, homemade french fries and green beans. Hmm. So good :)
12. Bowling 2 games and getting the lowest score. Ha! I played horrible but it was still great. I love bowling.
13. German Chocolate Cake with the yummy coconut frosting. Oh deliciousness. The best cake ever. Alyssa did a great job!
14. "Letters to Juliet"& Andes mints from Alyssa, "Blink" from Bryce. "The Hunger Games" from Nick.
15. CAMERA, camera books and extra battery from Dad & Mom. Did I mention CAMERA?Yes, you're right. I got it back in July, but that doesn't mean I don't remember what it was really for ;) I'm in love with this thing. Nikon D90. Hmm... Its a sexy camera :)
16. Cards from my family :) Check from the grandparents! Phone calls from the family too :)
17. Scarf from Sister Henrikson, picture of Hannah and I in a frame, Snickers.
18. OLIVES, Snickers, and Mike & Ikes + a singing greeting card from Kira.
19. "Cities & Knights" expansion for "Settlers of Catan" from Ryan. Wow Baby!
20. PARTY!
Thanks to Tasha & Megan for working so hard on the desserts. Tasha made 4 ice cream cakes!
Kimberly, Hannah, Janelle, Marisa
21. Stuart coming up to visit! He made it for the tail end of the party.
We were supposed to go hiking in the Tetons Saturday but I knew that I wasn't going to feel well enough to do that undertaking. We settled for a short, about 1 mile? hike on the Cress Creek trail. I'm so glad we didn't go hiking for REALS, because I was dying!
Can you tell how tired I am?
I slept for 2 hours after getting back from that hike. I was exhausted!We played some settlers, did some lounging, checked out the babes at church (well Stu did that...) Partied until the wee hours of the night, and didn't get near enough sleep, but it was all worth it! Thanks Stu for coming up!
22. And the greatest celebration of all -
The LOVE I felt surrounding me so completely :)





1 comments:
That was fun seeing all the pictures of your weekend! Glad you had a good birthday! You deserved it! Wish we could have been in on the fun. We love you!
Post a Comment