Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend

Well, I enjoyed a "couples retreat" with my sweetheart Ryan. We traveled with another couple down to conference, stayed in SLC with they're cousins and got to putt around the city a little. Next time we go down we've already decided we're gonna look at some cool things that we only saw in brief - like their library! Has anyone seen that? It looks SO COOL! Anyways...

Ryan & I

Logan & Aubrey, Janelle & Ryan

We had tickets for the Saturday morning session so we headed down Friday night after Ryan got off work. The drive went surprisingly fast and was fairly relaxing. Traffic on the way down and up was good. We had a parking pass for the conference center, but ended up getting a handicap parking space because of Aubrey, who had surgery on her knee not too long ago. Sweet deal! Alyssa and Bryce went down as well but stayed with his parents for the weekend. Kind of sad I missed out there! Last time it was so much fun seeing his family! Anyways, they were able to get tickets for the session as well once they got into SLC. We met up for a few minutes, took some pictures, and then headed into the conference center. Conference was great! I especially loved Dieter F. Uchtdorf's address.

"Love is really spelled T.I.M.E."

4 Essential Relationships
1. With God
2. With Family
3. With Your Fellowmen
4. With Yourself

Eight of us headed to Olive Garden where we had reservations for lunch. It was delicious :) We then spent the afternoon doing a little shopping in the gateway mall. Since Logan's sister was up from St. George, they wanted to do a little more than conference.

Ryan and I got tired after a short while. It'd been a very short night and I was recovering from Bronchitis. So we found a nice little bench in a nice quiet corner in the nice shade (it was still very warm) and took a nice little nap!

Janelle & Ryan

The boys headed to Priesthood, we took them to the stake center and even though the doors were locked there were TONS of people so they figured they'd be fine. Turns out that the only ones in the stake that hadn't heard where conference was going to be was the Samoans... so the boys hitched a ride with some of them over the the other stake center. I got dropped off and took a 2 hour nap before fixing dinner. Then it was movie time and bed.

I attempted watching the morning Sunday session but was out cold within the first 10 minutes. I was so drained and exhausted I slept through the whole thing and didn't wake up once! We spent 2nd session on Temple Square and in the Visitors Center.



Sunday was Ryan's birthday! Aubrey's cousin made him a SWEET cake! I bought him some Aeropostale Sport cologne. We'd gone shopping and smelled a few others, but this was ultimately what I decided to get him, because it was what he already had and it was a scent I already associated with him. Love it! Smells so so good! And of course, in Cheney tradition I made him a candy bar poster!


EXTRA! My MR. GOODBAR is 23! What a SHOCKER! U-NO he's kind of a NERD, but he is the biggest SWEETHEART! he's worth 100 GRAND to me! I SKOR-ed when I met this BIG HUNK. He makes my heart play a SYMPHONY when he does the MAMBA & I love looking at the STARS & the MILKY WAY with my SUGAR DADDY. So let's share some SNICKERS and have MOUNDS of fun!
♥ your sweet BABY & SIXLETS & SIXLETS






1 comments:

cindysue said...

I love love love the candy bar poster! Sounds like you had a very fun trip.