Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ryan's Trip to Washington

Ryan was able to get time off work and come for a visit! This visit was really important as it would indicate to me his level of commitment (aka spending the time, money, and courage to come meet my family) ha ha ok not quite. I don't want you to think that I assume the $$ with the love. It was, however, important for him to get to come have a chat with my daddy about giving me a certain thing and asking a certain question. But more about THAT to come!

We got in Saturday evening and were able to make it in time for part of the ward Christmas party. Here Ryan was able to meet a lot of the people that have helped form who I am. They were all excited to meet him and get a good look at him :) Sunday we had the Carlson and Monson families over for dinner and we had a great time with them. Between dinner, playing games, and Peppermint dessert, it was a fabulous night! Uncle Jeff didn't even harass him too badly ;)

Monday we spent mostly just relaxing, sleeping in a little and a hanging out with each other. I took him out to the mall and showed him around a little bit of Vancouver. For Family Home Evening that night we went down to Portland and say the raceway lights. They were wonderful! I love this Christmas season with all the lights and decorations.

Tuesday we headed down to Multnomah Falls with the parents. It was rainy but still beautiful. And what a good excuse to share the small space under an umbrella :) This was a great opportunity for us to be alone with my parents without the little brother following us around. I later found out why he was so tired - because he'd gotten up early to ask my parents for their permission.

Ryan & I

Smoochy-Smoochy in "Lover's Cove"

Ryan & I
Wahkeena Falls

The next few days passed in a whirl! Thursday Ryan and I did a little shopping and a little relaxing. That evening Caidin had a piano recital at the Veteran's Hospital. He did a fabulous job! He is quite the talented young man and has used his talents wisely. We went out for dinner after the recital to 'Five Guys'. It was less formal than I thought but that ended up ok. The food was tasty and the Cajun fries were GREAT.

Friday was our last full day together. We took time just for us. We went out on the town! Not quite, but we did go to Wal-Mart and look at fake Christmas trees and ornaments that we might get for super cheap at those after Christmas sales. We also bought our first house item jointly. A nice comfy, warm, large Sherpa and Micromink blanket. Its gorgeous. I wish I got to sleep with it now, but alas I must wait another 4 months, but so must he! Ha ha. We stayed up late playing games - Settlers, Boggle, and Spoons. The lights flickered a little while we were playing and then went out totally about midnight. That darn wind! We now have tons of limbs scattered about the lawn. We also did a slight gift exchange for each other. Well... mostly he opened the Christmas presents I got him ;)

Saturday started with no power and some packing. Cuddling in front of the fireplace and then heading to the airport. I hated saying goodbye and I started crying when I was on the phone with him once he got past security. We were still in the same building yet I already missed him intensely.

Merry Christmas Baby Cakes!


0 comments: