Friday, August 21, 2009

bare bums and spiked hair

Sam: A little boy who can be such a sweetheart when he's in the right mood. He is so adorable when he comes up to you and says, "Teacher, I need a hug" then says "I love you" when you're hugging him. Or he stands at the door of the bathroom, bare-bummed, yelling "Jan-ELLE, I went POTTY!" with a huge grin on his face.

On Wednesday we all needed something to distract us from the heat so I decided to do all the kids hair I could get my hands on. I put the girls in two pony tails on the top of their heads with one big one pulling them together, and I spiked all the guys hair I could. I wish I had my pictures at home, but the only one I have is this one...


I styled Sam's hair again yesterday and today. He loved it, and I guess his mom did too? Haha. My kids are totally going to spike their hair, so I hope they have the right kind...

Sam also likes to shake him bum and sing "SHAKE YOUR BOOTY BUTT!".
And when anyone says "Oh my gosh" he looks at you and says "Oh my gosh is a bad word!" So I have to watch my language a little more...

Today was Colter's last day at the daycare - I will miss that sweet boy! He was such an esteem booster. I swear he'll be a charmer because on the days I felt my worst he'd always say "teacher, i like you're hair" or "teacher, you're pretty." of course there were those days that remind you why you should be dieting when you hear, "Teacher, are you pregnant?" I just try to remind myself that its because Tiffany and Emily ARE pregnant so they've had two teachers talk about it. Or the days when they ask, "teacher, why aren't you married yet?" I simply tell them - when I know, I'll let you know ;)

Ah! I LOVE MY JOB! I am not looking forward to school starting :( At least I'll still get to work with these wonderful children :)

2 comments:

Kel-C said...

HAHA Oh Janelle... I have a love hate relationship with reading your blog and facebook!!! It makes me miss you and the kids SSSOOO much! Not kidding I get teary eyed! I miss you guys! Reading it just makes me have a million flash backs! :)

Kel-C said...

PS i missed being called Kel-sa-wee