Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Even when it grosses us out, we just have to laugh...

Today I was in the boy's room making sure they were all being quiet and going to sleep. The entire time I was in there I could not figure out what smelt so bad. I check all the kids diapers, but none of them came up poopy so I figured it was just a really gassy kid.

Finally all the kids were asleep and I went to use the restroom. As I was washing my hands I see this little speck of something on my shirt. Figuring it was just something I'd gotten on it I tried picking it off. Then I had a sinking feeling. I lifted the bottom of my shirt up to my nose and smelled it. I almost puked. There was poop on my shirt! Sick sick sick sick.

I quickly rewashed my hands and grabbed my keys. Out the door I went with a quick "Be right back!" to Diane. I ran out to my car and after a quick glance to make sure there were no cars with parents - pulled my shirt over my head. No worries, I still had a tank top, I mean I wasn't going to be completely indecent out there. Luckily I had stayed the night at the G-units in Blackfoot and for some reason had decided to pack an extra shirt. Yay for being prepared. Funny. When Ian puked up on me at the end of July (almost a month to the day!), I had just gotten back from the G-units and had all my clean laundry. God is good.

My coworkers were all glad it happened to me and not them.

Later I was waiting for the bathroom and I couldn't believe how long the kid was taking. Finally after a few muttered, "Goodness kid, hurry up!" I banged on the door and said, "Hurry up Honey, other kids need to use the bathroom" I hear this crying voice say, "I can't get out!" I start laughing to myself because some little kid has locked themselves in the bathroom right? So I go in search of the key, tell my boss that a kid is stuck in the bathroom, and then head over there to unlock. What met my eye was not what I expected.

Sitting on the toilet is a 5 year old girl with tears streaming down her face. I later realized what I thought was "I can't get out" was really "I can't get it out" and she was "all out of toilet paper". So I got her more toilet paper and wiped her tears, telling her it was ok, it happened to us all. But silently I was laughing... I can't wait for this to happen to my own kids!

1 comments:

~Tiffany said...

Hahaha... Oh so many fond memories of the daycare!! Everyday is an adventure, not knowing what the kids will say or do!! Gotta good laugh!!