Back in March and April, all the staff at Diane's was required to take a Strengthening Families class. A class dedicated to helping strengthen families in order to prevent child abuse.
A few weeks ago, we attended a "Positive Discipline for Young Children" class, which opened my eyes, I tell you what! In going back over some of my notes today as I completed the Reflective Evalutation, I came across "The Significant Seven", which I realized were applicable to ALL age groups. These are things we all want to feel.
1. I am capable
2. I can contribute in meaningful ways
3. I can make choices that empower what happens
4. I have self discipline and self control
5. I can work respectfully with others
6. I understand how my behavior affects others
7. My skills and judgment and wisdom are improving through daily practice
Anyways, just things to think about!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Training for Work
Posted by Nellieloue23 at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment