Well my dears, its been awhile since I last blogged, and lets be honest with each other - it wasn't the most uplifting post you could've read that day. So hopefully today is well, better.
This blog update is going to be about SCHOOL. Exciting I know. But actually, I am. Because I think I FINALLY know what I want to do. I am not sure I know what I want to do when I grow up but I've decided to take a step. I went up onto campus and changed my major from the dismally boring and much too complex lectures of Business Management. So what did I change it TO? Drum roll please....
COMMUNICATIONS
Can't you just see me learning how to yack to people even more? If you think I'm talkative now, just you wait...
with 2 clusters
Cluster 1: Business (cause I have so many dang Business credits already)
CLUSTER 2: PHOTOGRAPHY. whoot. Oh my goodness. I am so excited to be allowed to register for Photography classes. Can you all say "stoked" with me? Because I am!
Next drum roll...
I'M QUITTING MY JOB!
And I can't tell you how ready I am for that change. I am ready for a break. And something challenging in a different aspect. And honestly, I don't want to work minimum wage for the rest of my life. So that's where school comes in. And I know I can't do school and work at the same time...cause I'm horrible at that.
I'm going to miss the kids. And I'm going to miss my boss and co-workers. Maybe someday I'll go back. Maybe I'll find something I love more. Who knows? But this is right.
AND
I go to talk to the manager at LaJolla tomorrow about getting back into their housing. And the plan is to live with Hannah and Marisa for their last semester up here, and with Alyssa before she transfers schools. So excited! Its going to be the BEST!
So the long story short is:
Quitting my job is a little scary, especially in this job market. But Diane has already told me she'll take me back. Going back to school is a little weird too, but its so right. I can just tell that it is where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. I know I'm making the RIGHT decision here. And so many things have worked out just like I need them to that I know the Lord approves of this choice and will help me make it possible. Scary as heck? Yes. Finances are gonna be fun. But I'm ready. I'm committed. And I'm excited. And that's a first for school, so that must mean something.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
School vs. Work
Posted by Nellieloue23 at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Only one suggestion. If you are worried about finances... get married! This beautiful government of ours is very generous to low income students such as ourselves when they are independent of their parents AND married ;) Ha ha. Remember, only a suggestion. I'm excited for you Nellie! It sounds like you are going to enjoy your classes and the break from work. Yay!
~Jess
Glad to hear you're going back to school. It's definitely the higher road and can help the rest of your life. Plus, you can TA at school and earn a little extra money.
Post a Comment