Monday, February 28, 2011

Mid-term Grades!

Because of the slacker I have been for the past 2-3 semesters, this semester I decided that I was going to do better than I ever thought I could. I'm getting there. Its totally on its way to being a great semester! Last week our mid-term grades were posted and I was ecstatic! I already knew my grade for three of my classes because my teachers regularly update the scores on our personalized class pages. But two of them I wasn't so sure about.

Sure enough, I received:

Book of Mormon: A
Public Speaking: A
Intro. to Comm.: A (this class is kind of a joke)
Photography: A

AND THE DRUMROLL

Technical Communications: A-


Now, you may wonder, "Why is Janelle so excited that she got an A- in that class?"

My English class has me more devoted than any other class. EVER. PERIOD. Why? Because its graded on a curve. A very modified curve, but a curve none the less.

So I get to class today and my teacher hands us back some Papers that we turned in as a whole and were worth 200 points. I got 184 points. I was a little disappointed, because while its still an A, it was a low A. BUT IT WAS THE HIGH SCORE FOR THE CLASS!!!!

And it gets better!

We got our grade breakdown and she showed us where we were in relation to the class/what the high-score low score of the class was.

I SHARED THE HIGHEST SCORE IN THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH ONE OTHER PERSON!!!!! YIPPEE!

Holy smokes I was soooo excited.

But I still have to work super duper hard. Now that last week is over (and all that crap with it) its time to start again and get cracking on things.

GAH!

1 comments:

cindysue said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work!