My lovely parents and lil' bro came for a week-long visit before our family reunion. Pictures will have to come a little later, and will probably be in a separate post.
Sunday night after reunion my parents, Caidin, Alyssa and I headed to Island Park. My parents rented a little cabin out at Mack's Inn for the night. The other boys were headed back to their jobs and school and other real life and so it was just up to us to party! Well kind of... Some of the family got sick so most of our Sunday was spent napping and chilling on the couch with a couple of games.
Monday we headed up to Yellowstone Park. We didn't have a ton of time to spend in the park so we headed first to Old Faithful. . We walked around some of the walkways and checked out lots of the geysers. We saw our first of the wildlife - a buffalo hanging out about 20 yards from the path.
My favorite part was the drive back to West Yellowstone. We stopped at the Paint Pots, which had a beautiful blue pool, and pulled out in alot of the side roads. We also saw our second buffalo while at one of these stops! Some of the sights are just breathtaking. I can't wait to go back. I wish I had the money and the company to just travel, travel, travel, and see the sights.
Monday night we took in a show at West Yellowstone's Playmill! We were super excited to see the Drowsy Chaperone. Alyssa and I with our hubbys had seen it when it was on campus up here at BYUI. We were shocked to see that some of our favorite characters were the same! The 'narrator' is just hilarious. The musical is set during Prohibition and so the chaperone is always so drowsy because she's downing liquor. The whole show is ridiculous and funny. I love it.
Monday night we took in a show at West Yellowstone's Playmill! We were super excited to see the Drowsy Chaperone. Alyssa and I with our hubbys had seen it when it was on campus up here at BYUI. We were shocked to see that some of our favorite characters were the same! The 'narrator' is just hilarious. The musical is set during Prohibition and so the chaperone is always so drowsy because she's downing liquor. The whole show is ridiculous and funny. I love it.




0 comments:
Post a Comment