Thursday, October 18, 2007

Beginning anew

Hey family and friends!
So I'm going to try this out. I'm starting blogging and posting my pictures of college dealios!
So far, I'm absolutely loving it. Things are going so well!
My roommates are all amazing and we all get along quite well. Sometimes we have our little tense moments, but overall, the apartment is getting along well and we are all becoming better friends.
I've decorated (with the help of the roomies) the walls in the living room with pictures, quotes and colors. On one wall we have our "Christ wall" with quotes from general conference and some pictures I picked up at the distribution center while I was down there for conference. Another wall is about Prayer and has pictures and quotes about it, as well as my "Sacred Grove" poster in french. One of our other walls has temples on it with yet again, more quotes and pictures of our favorite temples (of course the Portland is the biggest one! its 4 out of 6 of our favorites.).
Finally, Our largest wall is covered with pictures and quotes that we all picked out ourselves. So each of us have 3 quotes and 3 pictures with our names. It looks good if I do say so myself!
Going down to conference was a little stressful, but tons of fun! Chelsie got tickets for the morning session on Saturday so we went and let me tell you, it was amazing! Right after the session ended, we booked it out the door and got in the standby line. We made it in for the afternoon session and we were on the main floor! It was amazing amazing amazing! You could really feel the spirit and the power of the priesthood when Elder Wirthlin suffered from a case of locked knees. You could see the prophet praying and Henry B. Eyring on the edge of his seat ready to assist, as well as body guards at the ready with a wheelchair. It was very cool to see Elder Nelson holding him up.
Today I decorated my room a bit more, putting up nature pictures, pictures of Christ, and pictures of family. I think people are jealous! Haha.
I'm really feeling at home here. I continue meeting people and making more friends, as well as forming stronger bonds with those I already know.
We've had some pretty amazing nights here in Idaho. Even though its only little Rexburg! We had an all girls movie night, that was wild! The roomies were hyper so we were taking some crazy pictures. Monday I went on a walk with a guy from my Family History class then we met up with some people from his ward and played a game called "Grounders" You play it on a play set. So we had 10 people playing it, and 2 people are "IT". Those that are "IT" can go anywhere on the playset and on the ground, but they have their eyes closed. Those that are not "IT" can only go on the playset. At anytime those that are "IT" can call "Grounders!" and anyone on the ground becomes it. I got quite bruised from trying to jump from the slides to the monkey bars or to the platforms.
On Tuesday Hannah, Kristin and I went to Porter Park and played on the swing sets. We then took pictures by one of the men's housing signs, and the police car that is always sitting outside one of the girl's housing apartments.
Yesterday it was raining/ snowing pretty hard! It was quite cold! My business group was getting together and so we were almost done working on our assignment and Doug looks out the window and goes "ah man, I don't want to walk home in this" and I said "Yeah, me neither" and so Cody offered to give us a ride home. I was sooo happy! Even just walking out to the car my hair was completely soaked. So Cody gave 3 of us a ride home yesterday. He also brings us treats everytime we meet with our group. Hallelujah! Makes my day. He walked in with pizza and Stephen goes "Man, I love this kid".
Love you all and I'll try to make sure that I keep up with this.
Love,
Janelle Cheney

0 comments: