Monday, June 15, 2009

"I Like You"

Last week, a boy at work asked me, "Do you have a boyfriend?" I replied, "Yes." He started to giggle, and so did the other boy sitting with us. He then asked, "Do you kiss your boyfriend?" to which I replied "yes" to. They started giggling again and saying in their cute little boy voices "you have a boyfriend and you KISS him!" It was so cute.

Well, this past weekend wasn't so great, and I was having a really hard morning. I didn't want to get out of bed and then every song on my ipod seemed to be a love song - not exactly what I needed. I got emotional when I walked into work, and told my coworkers. I ducked into the library because I didn't want to cry and ended up crying anyways when two of the girls came and gave me huge hugs. I didn't want to let them go for fear they'd see me crying. The day did get better from there.

Little Jake was on the swing (one of the boys from earlier), and he said in a mischievous voice, "Teacher, you kiss your boyfriend."
"I used to kiss my boyfriend"
"You don't kiss him anymore?!"
"I don't have a boyfriend to kiss."
He got this stumped look on his face and asked, "Why not?" What do you say to a little kid? Its not like you can spill out your sob story to them.
"Because he didn't like me as much as I liked him."
He looked perplexed, then grinned really wide and said,
"I LIKE YOU!"

Oh, the sweet boy knew just what to say to make my day. Where else can you get the comfort while at work than at a daycare?

1 comments:

kevandcan said...

Great post, Janelle. Know that there are several of us who LIKE you too!!
Remember, I know a girl who really liked a guy and then guy broke of their engagement...I'm sure glad he did, because I wound up marrying that girl.