Some of my latest 'adventures'
1. Clumsiness must be a disease of mine. Tuesday while making lunch at the daycare I bumped my arm on the rack in the oven and now have a burn mark. Boy it hurt! Friday night I was working out with my friend Alex. I'm fast walking on the treadmill at about 4.5 mph and decide to look down at my arm. Usually, no big deal right? Well somehow, still not really sure what happened, but somehow I lost my balance and had to take some fast steps to keep myself from implanting my face onto the moving strip below me. When I finally had my balance I stopped the treadmill and hyperventilated for a second. Alex had already stopped his and was just looking at me like "what the heck just happened?" I felt like an idiot. But don't worry, I'm not done. Today after stake conference I'm walking down the stairs and somehow manage to catch the back of BOTH heels on the step. How does this even happen?! I landed on my knees, but was so embarrassed I got up as fast as I could and just kept walking. My roommate Miriam was in front of me while the rest of them were behind me. I had to laugh. I mean. Maybe I just had the urge to knee down and pray for a split second?
2. Inspiration. So I've started working out again and the world began rejoicing. A week ago Friday I went to the gym with Megan for the first time since like... April? Megan introduced me to the elliptical and I almost died. But since then the elliptical has earned my respect, and I love it! Monday I did 4 miles on the elliptical. Wednesday I did 4 on the elliptical and then 2 as a cool down on the treadmill. I decided to do some ab workout so headed over to the mats. While I was resting between sets of crunches, the girl next to me got up and before she left said, "I just wanted to tell you you're beautiful." I was stunned. Here I am, stinking and smelling like a boy who just walked out of a sauna, and she's telling me I'm beautiful! It made my day.
My 2nd set of inspiration came more unexpectedly than the other. I was talking with a friend from back home and before he signed off he said, "Just make sure you make those boys work for you, ok? Your so worth it!
3. Passover. Ok, obviously its not the right time of year for Passover, but Miriam is taking a world religion class and her project was to plan and carryout a genuine Passover. No offense, but I'm glad I'm not Jewish. The meatballs were delicious, the radish dipped in salt water not so great. The fruit dip was a little weird to me but the Matzo bread was ok. Dessert was delicious though. Well, during the readings of passover MY hand-mixer container falls from its spot above the cupboards, lands on the casserole dish that is on the counter, both objects are hurtled to the floor and the casserole dish shatters everywhere. How wonderful. It was delightful. The Jews use it as a meal, we use it as floor decoration.
4. He's Just Not That Into You. Last night we watched that movie. And I didn't like it much the first time I saw it because there is some questionable content in it. This time it was clean-flicked and a lot better. And funnier. Its also the story of my life. ;) And I'm going to try so so hard to take my friend's advice and just make those boys work instead of worrying about it so much. Here are a few quotes from the movie:
"Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope."
Gigi: So what now I'm just supposed to turn from every guy who doesn't like me?
Alex: Uh. Yeah!
Gigi: There's not gonna be anybody left.
Alex: Oh, you’re home
Gigi: Where am I supposed to be?
Alex: I don’t know, out? It’s a Saturday night
Gigi: Well you won’t let me go out with guys that don’t like me, its kind of limiting.
Alex: Guys invented the "spark" so that they could not call, and treat you kind of bad, and keep you guessing, and they convince you that that anxiety and that fear that they're throwing at you is actually, just a "spark". And you guys all buy it. You eat it up. And you love it. You love it because you feed off that drama. You all love that drama.




0 comments:
Post a Comment