I have been looking forward to coming home so much, even more so in the past few weeks. I have missed my family and the security, love, and companionship to be found in a home. Yes, the loneliness isn't as bad now that I've got Alyssa living with me, but getting to be home and hug your parents just for the heck of it just doesn't happen all that often anymore. Sometimes I'll random just say, "Alyssa, I love you" and she looks at me funny. Like, what? I can't tell my sister I love her? Geez.
Well, I have a little mini goal of mine that really isn't so mini, its very important. I'm really trying to have a better relationship with my parents. Not that we had a bad relationship while I was a teen and still living with them, but I have come to realize that I didn't give them nearly the respect they deserved for being so hardworking, patient, kind, for trying to teach valuable lessons, and their love. I've always had a better relationship with my mom, maybe its just because she's a woman and so naturally we already have a different bond. I mean, you just can't talk to your dad about some things...awkward! ;)
Yesterday was Tasha and Andrew's wedding. It came to the point at the reception where they announced the daddy/daughter dance. And I couldn't believe it when mom said dad had just walked out to go home! So I was trying to find him and finally found him on his way to the car. I told him he had to come back and dance with me.
I'm booking it into the church and dad goes,
"Girl! Who taught you to run in heels? Heels were invented so guys would have a chance and you couldn't run away from them."
"Well, aren't you glad that when they do start chasing me I can run away from them?"
"I'll buy you some flats for Christmas"
Haha, I think that's the closest thing my dad has ever said about me needing to date and get married.
When we got in, no one else was dancing as the bride and her father were on the dance floor, but on the next dance her sister said, "Come on, you're Mormons, everyone comes dance!" At which point I went on the dance floor then, pointing to the floor looked at my dad and said, "Come over here and dance with me!" Haha. He did so. I didn't know he could dance! Probably what made my mom fall in love with him. ;) It was a touching dance for me. I almost cried, and for those of you who know me, that's something special... I'm glad I got the opportunity.
Later I was talking with a family friend and she told me she was trying to figure out who in the world was dancing with my dad (I've dyed my hair since the last time everyone saw me in May). I thought it was funny! And I had quite a few people turn me around so they could look at the way I styled my hair. Which is just funny because I do it like that all the time at the daycare.
Ah! I love love love being home and seeing all the familiar faces and the love! It was wonderful catching up with all the older generation, all the parents of my friends. I love talking with them, they are all so kind.
Tonight I got to see Tamara and Ted, Jeff and Deanne, Stephanie and Missy. I was glad Tamara and Ted stopped in for dinner and dessert so that I could visit with them before ditching town again. And I had a lovely chat with Missy. Nothing like good old Girl Talk!
<3
Sunday, November 22, 2009
i (heart) my family & dance with daddy
Posted by Nellieloue23 at 11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Great post, Janelle. Tu es une fille bien speciale - j'espere que tu saches cela.
Post a Comment