Tuesday, January 20, 2009

an eventful weekend to say the least...

This weekend was proving to be eventful from the very beginning.

On Friday night, our apartment hosted a shindig to start off the semester. It was a lot of fun once we got started playing games. We were wacky for "Wacky Six", and could barely put it down the entire weekend. Friday night Stuart, Jess, and Jaz came up for a visit. Stuart stayed out at Uncle Darrell and Aunt Kathy's, and Jess and Jaz stayed in our extra bed.

Saturday Stuart and I went and saw a movie, then I went on a date. For my date we went ice skating which turned out to be a lot of fun! I only fell down twice which was a miracle! I want to go again :)

Sunday I had church meetings as usual, but the girls made dinner so it was already when I got home. They took Stu with them so he didn't have to sit around waiting for me. Brother Wilson said he was afraid he'd offended Stuart because he said 'Chaney' instead of 'Cheney'. Haha, I played it up a little, but told him Stu hadn't been offended in the least. It happens.

Marisa invited a guy from our ward out for dinner and we taught him how to play Wacky Six. Then we had about 2 hours of much needed girl time talking about our crushes (or in my case, rather a lack there of) and a bunch of other stuff. Stu took a nap (I was a little envious he got to).

Stuart and I went out to Hibbard area and visited with Mandy's parents. It was great to meet them and two of Mandy's siblings. Her mom makes the good kind of chocolate chip cookies - complete with oatmeal. Yummy!

Monday morning Aunt Kathy made waffles, one of which I had. The raspberry jam/syrup was delicious! Soooo good.! The group left about 11 and headed back to Provo. Marisa, Hannah, and I worked out in the morning so we wouldn't each have to take multiple showers a day. We spent the rest of the day lying back and enjoying. FHE was fun, we played Mafia, which I had never done.

Today I didn't do much. Got some homework done, enjoyed sleeping in... I tried making mom's casserole, but it didn't taste as good, so I'll have to look for a different recipe.

Lance and Mandy are now officially engaged, with the ring and everything! They are getting married March 14, 2009 in the Saint George, UT temple. Its so exciting! He called me and gave me the details and the story, and sent an email with the proposal pictures.

For some reason, one thing he said really hit me. He said something like this, but probably not quite verbatim, "You know how people say that you just know its the right decision? I can tell you its true. If you don't feel like this after a few months, you know its not right." It was reassuring that that really does happen to some people that way! He also said, "I'd given up hope of ever finding someone like Mandy". Well brother, I'd say you caught yourself a heck of a girl, and she's done wonders for you :)

I can't wait to have Mandy as part of our family, and I like seeing Lance this happy!


1 comments:

tedder said...

nice post! It is cool to see Lance and Mandy together, isn't it? They look cute and all that.