Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rappelling

Two weeks ago, Ben took me rappelling for the second time. This time however, was not quite like the last time we went. I got my hair stuck in my figure 8 because I forgot to pull it back into a ponytail. Yikes! It was my second time going down, and we were going to be the last ones down. The guy at the end of the rope started talking to me, so I looked down and got it stuck! By the time I realized that my hair was stuck, my hair was pulled so far that I had about 3 or 4 inches from my figure 8 to my scalp. Between all the different things they had me try, and the time that it took, by the time we finally had things figured out to where they could get me down, my figure 8 was now pulling directly on my scalp. Needless to say, if they'd had a knife, they would have just cut my hair off.
The scariest part was when they'd finally gotten my hair out of the figure 8 and we were waiting for Steve to come down the other line again. Ben had barely eaten anything all day and started feeling lightheaded and dizzy. He almost blacked out, and ended up throwing up. It was frightening! When I finally got down on the ground I laid down and just started bawling because I was safe! Then crawled over to where Ben was and cried on him. It was definitely an adventure.
We went to Jed's party, and while there, the hair that was stuck in the figure 8 started falling out. So I lost it anyways, but at least I don't have a really really short chunk of hair on the side of my head!

Thanks guys for getting me out safe. And for the record, I still love rappelling!

Align CenterA barn out by Heise

Michael and Ben

The sun setting

Janelle and Ben

2 comments:

kevandcan said...

You're a beautiful woman Janelle.

Nellieloue23 said...

And you are wonderful supporters :) Thank You!
<3