Monday, March 16, 2009

Car Troubles, count me in!

So on our way back to Rexburg from St. George, my car decided it didn't like me much. I guess it wanted to get back at me for accidentally hitting the rear bumper on a brick wall, causing a lovely dent and my light to break 'a little'. So Howdy Houston probably thought I deserved a little payback.

Missy and I were driving back, a little worried because my battery light had come on. We figured that maybe we could just like, you know, get it jumped when we picked up Missy's friend Lisa. Well, apparently we didn't know that if your battery light comes on while driving, you're pretty much screwed.

The car died WHILE I was on the highway, in the middle lane. Luckily, there was one pickup behind us, and no other cars. We made it to the side of the road after a few lurching scary moments.

With my verizon service, I have free towing up to ten miles, so I called verizon, they called a tow company, the tow company called and came and got us. We went to an autozone, Stuart came and helped me replace my battery. Then we had to check whether or not the alternator was working. It wasn't. So I went in to get an alternator and the manager said he was going to come out and help us replace the alternator. Hallejulah! If he hadn't, I'm not sure if I would be back in Rexburg now if he hadn't. He was very nice to do that for us.

It was quite an adventure, and I'm glad its over!
Missy was quite a doll through it all, and I got to see some friends I wouldn't have :)

2 comments:

tedder said...

"howdy houston"?

Sounds like a classic dead alternator. Glad it is fixed. What car do you have?

Unknown said...

It must be nice being a girl. I have a hard time getting Autozone managers to help me BUY alternators!