Thursday, March 26, 2009

A day of sorts

Today was most like any other day, although add a killer headache and you've got yourself a meal.

I went to CBC (Career Beauty College) to get more information about their prices/ start dates/ and such information for Cosmetology school! I'm getting very excited, but also kind of scared. I mean, I want to be doing something I love, but all of a sudden I had a minor freak out moment after getting the information. Hopefully going to the temple tomorrow will help with that.

I talked to dad today, I wasn't even going to mention my major change and stuff (besides what I've posted on here) to the parentals until I knew more of what I'm doing. I think I've gotten a lot of it figured out, but dad brought it up. I've done some research but have a little more to do. I need to see how much schooling is in Washington, and at the different schools in Rexburg. I just really want to be up here next year when Alyssa comes so its been a really hard contemplation and decision process.

I found out that as long as I stay enrolled in 1 credit, I can live in approved housing and keep my status as a student. Which means that I can live with Alyssa, still have one class I take, meet new people, and still attend a singles ward! :) Perfect? Not quite.

There is the whole money issue. Hopefully though I can get a very good job for the summer (Veritest again? and then maybe another job for the weekends? no musical for me this summer) and then a job a few hours a week while up here.
We shall see what I find through my research!

Tonight we invited over our hometeacher Jared, and KP's 'friend' Britton for dinner and movie night. Marisa and I made some wicked good Potato soup and then we watched "Australia". Oh boy, Hugh Jackman is such a hunk of meat! He is a total stud and if I could just shake his hand, I would die a happy woman. He is so handsome and rugged and chiseled. Haha, but really, Jared said his favorite part of watching the movie with us was watching our reactions to seeing Hugh Jackman. We were pretty vocal with our appreciation...

Marisa, Jared, and I played Egyptian Rat something and I got my butt kicked. It cracks me up to play with them, and I love it!

I've really appreciated having Jared as a home-teacher and as a friend. He's always been there to talk to, joke with, and just have a good time all around. He's a great guy and some woman will be very lucky to snap him right up!

2 comments:

The Monsons said...

cute cute cute! Good luck with your decisions. I myself changed majors about 4 times and ya know what--its OK! I agree with finding something you'll enjoy doing. I still look back at my schooling and education in Recreational Management and LOVE IT! Understandably, I had to realize that the job market wouldn't be as "hot" in a career like Recreational Management but I dont' regret it! My money and time was spent well. :) I still hope to use what I've learned in my family, wards and community! You're doing great girl!

Holly said...

I am so proud of you! Taking control of your life is always exciting and scary! I loved chatting with you today. I hope everything continues to go well.