Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pondskimming cont....

So after last night's pondskimming, I thought I'd try my hand at some more writing (not to mention I had just written 15 leads, so the whole "story time" thing was working out for me).
Remember, this is just me, an amateur writing here, and as everything else, my opinion ;)


Pondskimming Honor Code Appropriate?


REXBURG, Idaho - Pond-skimmers were skimpily clad last night as they rushed down the slopes into freezing cold water on the Lower North Fields as part of BYU-Idaho’s Spirit Week.

On-lookers were happily surprised that it wasn’t too windy or cold last night as they stood on the hillside, but what they weren’t ready for was some of the disturbing outfits.

I’m not trying to be an honor code Nazi, but the question begs to be asked – “What makes pond-skimming different that the dress code of BYU-Idaho doesn’t apply?”

My idea of fun is not watching a 20-something man board down the slope with nothing on but black spandex and a white diaper; or seeing Adam reincarnated while he wears a nude colored onesie with a green leaf covering the basics.

The show wasn’t a let-down, even if there were a few uncomfortable moments when participants were wearing less than appropriate clothes.

With over 100 participants in the show, it was full speed ahead and there was never a dull moment waiting for the next pond-skimmer. With a light set and microphones, the crew provided witty remarks, and commentary.

1 comments:

Holly said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love it!